Mann to Man

The American Condition Politically, Culturally, Economically

My Photo
Name:
Location: Williamsburg, VA, United States

Raised in rural Greenbrier Co. WV, BS Chemistry WVU, PhD Chemistry, GA Tech,Chemistry Faculty, GA Tech, 1965-1969, Dir R&D BASF Fibers 1969-1982,Sr.Exec. R&D, Burlington Industries, 1982-1986,Owner/CEO Mann Industries (formerly BASF fibers)1988-1995, CEO/Owner The Mann Group Consultants, 1987-2009, wife Carol, daughters Leigh, Susan

Sunday, August 6, 2017

CA GOV. BROWN DUMB AS A ROCK

I'm watching NBC's Meet The Press. The program gest worse every week. Chuck Todd, who identified as a Democrat when he referred to Democrats and the DNC as "ours." No surprise here, but just hadn't heard it said so. He is interviewing California Governor Jerry Brown, known to some as "moonbeam." I would never refer to him as that because moonbeams can be bright, beautiful, romantic, inspirational and more. Not Gov. Brown!

Gov. Brown attempts to explain the condition of the Democrat Party. A central premise is that Republicans have successfully changed the culture of America with heavy funding by such as the Koch brothers "and others." How deluded, or how intellectually dishonest. or how stupid can a governor be? Jerry Brown epitomizes a quote of mine from some years back.

"The best among us no longer present themselves for elective office and Americans willfully elect many of the worst who do."



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Joe, I am facinated. I will read your blog -----and respond later.

I am so pleased to see your success in life
as you have noted. Remember, our graduating class at GHS already envisioned going to the moon.

Joyce Church
Mathematics
Music]
Politics in Virginia




09 August, 2017  
Blogger Dr. Joe A. Mann said...

Thank you, Joyce. I've had the opportunity to both do and see much in my life after GHS. But, I've written and spoken many times about our good fortunes to be raised where we were. I still remember GHS with fondest memories. Dominic Gaudino didn't permit me to forget. He kept up with me and offered jobs often. When I decided to leave the faculty at GA Tech, he called and offed me a chance to be Chairman of the Chemistry at Bluefield State College. We had very good teachers at GHS!!! Thanks, and be well!

09 August, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home